‘Flower Power’ competition: Terms and conditions
1. All entries must be received by 6pm on Saturday 3rd May 2014.
2. To enter, entrants must fully complete and return their entry form, including the answer to the competition question. All entries must be received by 11.59pm on 3rd May 2014.
3. The first prize is two Standard Class Return First Great Western train tickets, to be used on First Great Western services only. Train tickets will expire 31st December 2014. The second prize is a ‘First Great Western’ rose supplied by post in potted form.
4. The competition is only open to those who are 18 years or over and who are residents of the UK. Employees and immediate families of First Great Western Ltd, Devon & Cornwall Rail Partnership, their agents and anyone professionally connected with the competition are not eligible to take part.
5. The prize must be accepted as awarded and is non-transferable. There is no cash alternative. If, due to circumstances beyond First Great Western’s control, First Great Western are unable to provide the stated prize, they reserve the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value.
6. Any extra costs incurred are not included within the prizes.
7. No liability or responsibility will be accepted for ensuring submitted entries are received by the Devon and Cornwall Rail Partnership.
8. Neither First Great Western nor the Devon and Cornwall Rail Partnership will be held responsible for any elements of the prizes.
9. First Great Western reserves the right to check the validity of any entry. Entries failing to comply with these rules will not be accepted.
10. The prizes will be won by the entrants who are judged by the Devon and Cornwall Rail Partnership to have submitted the best tip for a seaside station garden. The competition judging will be supervised by an independent adjudicator. The winner will be notified by email or telephone no later than 20 May 2014. To request the name and county of the winner, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the Devon and Cornwall Rail Partnership, School of Geography, Plymouth University, Plymouth, PL4 8AA after 17 June 2014.
11. Devon and Cornwall Rail Partnership will use its discretion to select replacement winners in the event of the prizes remaining unclaimed two weeks after notification is sent to the email address provided by the original entrant.
12. No purchase is necessary to enter.
13. Entry implies acceptance of these rules.
14. Only one entry is permitted per person.
15. The prize is brought to you by the Devon and Cornwall Rail Partnership, School of Geography, Plymouth University, Plymouth, PL4 8AA and First Great Western Ltd, Milford House, 1 Milford Street, Swindon SN1 1HL. Registered number: 05113733.