Share a photo from your favourite Devon train trip from the last 12 months and you could win a night’s bed and breakfast at Dartington Hall near Totnes.
Whether it’s of a family day out or a great sunset snapped from the train on your commute, post your photo on the Devon and Cornwall Rail Partnership’s Facebook page, tweet to @DCRailPart or email our lead partner DCRP by Monday 9th February to be in with a chance of winning.
At Dartington there are 50 rooms facing a medieval listed courtyard, with easy access to over 800 acres of glorious Grade 2* listed gardens, the best in local and seasonal food and drink, a wide film programme at the 14th century Barn Cinema, and much more. Visit the Dartington Hall website to find out more.
The competition is part of the Citizens’ Rail project, working to get people more involved with their railways and to boost the Riviera Line between Exeter and Torbay.
Local partners in Citizens’ Rail – which is 50% funded by the EU’s Interreg IVB programme – include Devon County Council, Torbay Council, First Great Western, Plymouth University and the Devon & Cornwall Rail Partnership.
Send us your photo:
Facebook | Twitter | our lead partner DCRP
Terms and conditions
1. All entries must be received by 23.59 on Monday 9th February 2015.
2. To enter, entrants must post a photo on the Great Scenic Railways Facebook page www.facebook.com/greatscenicrailways, tweet to @DCRailPart or email to email@example.com by 23.59 on 9 February 2015
3. There is one prize of a one-night stay for 2 people at Dartington Hall which must be taken by 30 April. The prize is not available on 14 February and 3-6 April 2015. It includes bed and breakfast and is subject to availability.
4. The competition is only open to those who are 18 years or over and who are residents of the UK. Employees and immediate families of Dartington Hall Trust, Devon & Cornwall Rail Partnership, their agents and anyone professionally connected with the competition are not eligible to take part.
5. The prize must be accepted as awarded and is non-transferable. There is no cash alternative. If, due to circumstances beyond Dartington Hall Trust’s control, Dartington Hall Trust is unable to provide the stated prize, they reserve the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value.
6. Any extra costs incurred are not included within the prize.
7. No liability or responsibility will be accepted for ensuring submitted entries are received by the Devon and Cornwall Rail Partnership.
8. Neither Dartington Hall Trust nor the Devon and Cornwall Rail Partnership will be held responsible for any elements of the prize.
9 Dartington Hall Trust reserves the right to check the validity of any entry. Entries failing to comply with these rules will not be accepted.
10. The prize will be won by the entrant who is judged by the Devon and Cornwall Rail Partnership to have submitted the best photo from a trip in Devon from 2014. The competition judging will be supervised by an independent adjudicator. The winner will be notified by email or telephone no later than 12 February 2015. To request the name and county of the winner, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the Devon and Cornwall Rail Partnership, School of Geography, Plymouth University, Plymouth, PL4 8AA after 30 April 2015.
11. Devon and Cornwall Rail Partnership will use its discretion to select replacement winners in the event of the prizes remaining unclaimed two weeks after notification is sent to the email address provided by the original entrant.
12. No purchase is necessary to enter.
13. Entry implies acceptance of these rules.
14. Only one entry is permitted per person.
15. The prize is brought to you by the Devon and Cornwall Rail Partnership, School of Geography, Plymouth University, Plymouth, PL4 8AA and The Dartington Hall Trust, The Elmhirst Centre, Dartington Hall, Totnes, Devon, company number 1485560, and a charity, registered in England, charity number 279756.